Links to Learning Grant Program
A maximum of $20,000 per semester in Links to Learning (L2L) Teacher Grants will be awarded this year by the Parent-Teacher Organization of District 103 to teachers, administrators, and other educators within District 103. The purpose of the grants is to encourage and support creative and innovative learning methods to enhance the District 103 curriculum. A grant can be requested for any amount; however, most grants range in size from $500-$1500.
First semester grant applications are accepted from mid-October - November and second semester applications are accepted from February - March of each calendar year. Upon completion, the application form is submitted to the appropriate school principal for approval. The principal will then submit all approved applications to the Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction who will pass along approved applications to the Links to Learning Committee for evaluation. Funding decisions will be announced by the Links to Learning Committee Chairperson.
The L2L Committee will evaluate each application for its:
Applications are now being accepted for 2022/2023 Fall Grants!
Links to Learning Committee
The Links to Learning Committee is comprised of the following individuals:
- Chairperson: PTO Vice-President
- PTO President
- PTO Treasurer
- PTO Sprague School Vice-President
- PTO Half Day Vice-President
- PTO Daniel Wright Junior High School Vice-President
- PTO Music Appreciation Committee Chairs
- D103 Assistant Superintendent for Curriculum and Instruction
- D103 Board of Education Member
- D103 Director of Student Services
- Sensory processing/regulation materials
- PC and accessories to upgrade live streaming events
- Front browsing library shelving
- Display boards for student work and storage to upgrade the Sprague Fine Arts hallway
- Swivel Robot bundle for use for instructional coaching
- Adjustable Sitting to Standing Desks for a math classroom
- Spanish School Bus App licenses
- Deluxe recess cart with playground equipment such as balls, hula hoops, etc.
- Two Lifespan bicycle desks
- Sumblox sets for math enrichment
- Kindergarten work bags for at home learning
- Go Pro for Creative Arts
- Peekapak app licenses
- Literacy Mini Kits from Reading Box Cars and One-Eyed Jacks
In addition, the PTO purchased instruments for all three schools, including: Xylophones and a Cello that were submitted as L2L requests but were funded through Music Appreciation funds.
- Reflex Math licenses
- STEM lab wish list
- Flexible Seating for Classroom and Outdoors
- Sprague School Break/Calming Boxes
- Step into the New Year Challenge - pedometers
- Audio Recording Studio
- Flexible Seating/Standing Desks
- Half Day School Green Team: Project Collaboration with Illinois Green Alliance Outdoor Learning Space Creation
- Self-Regulation Tools